Friday, May 23, 2008

A dream, came true.

I've screamed, shouted, cried and laughed enough (yester)day.

When a well-deserving man won the title of American Idol, his dream came true. A dream came true (yester)day :) That was enough to make me scream, shout, cry and laugh at the same time.

At the same time, his defining moment arrived. Tongue-tied and completely taken aback, he sang his first recording song and stood in his defining moment.

And when David said that his American Idol journey was progressive, not only do I agree, I can attest to it too. Truth be told, he wasn't the one I looked out for. That is, until his attitudes, styles, originality and identity began to change. From then on, I looked out for Mr. Cook. I saw - Sensitive, heartfelt and sincere - in his songs and in his soul. Soulful music reaches out, further and deeper.

I was alone at home when the news broke; I screamed, then I cried. I screamed some more and tried to stop crying.

God has been teaching me what it means to dream. Witnessing a dream come true for someone else, even though I don't know him personally, was emotional enough to get me all triggered and teary.

I'm inspired to live out loud. If anything, to live louder.

David Cook sang "Dream Big" and he held my attention for that minute and a half (and longer). The lyrics hit me like a train and I just couldn't help but ask God, what now?

Cause if you don't dream big,
what's the use of dreaming?

If you don't have faith,
There's nothing worth believing.

And it takes one hope,
To make the stars worth reaching for.


So reach out for something more.

Took a world perfected plan,
For me to finally understand,
That it's not me.
Faith is something you can't see.

I wipe my tears away,
Now is time for change.
No, I can't waste another day.

What would you say? "What now?" too?

Dear Abby Cheng gave me a surprise visit last night and made my day :) And I received yet another surprise when I found this addressed to me, on her blog.

Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die,
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.

Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams go,
Life is a barren field frozen with snow.

- Langston Hughes

Thank you Abby, for making the long trip just to give me a pencil, that means so much :)

Here's something Nicky showed me. It made me laugh extremely hard! I hope you laugh as hard too, hee.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home